Tuesday 22 December 2009

more on PK games....

ok, so I've spent WAY too long playing these online psychokinesis games (check out the 'Psychic Science' website for a bunch of different games)**. The lowdown? If I were to be honest (and in a bit of a hurry), I'd say yuhuh, PK shmee-kay. I'd say: why waste my time trying to make the spoon bend with my mind when I can just yank at it with my fingers? I'd say: whatever man. Whatever you want to believe in...it's none of my business.

But unfortunately for me, I don't let things go so easily. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Maybe I need to focus and stop feeling so damn foolish as I sit here, glazed stare and square jaw, in front of my laptop trying to make a die land on a six. Maybe I need to train.

New Year's Resolution: I will train to do PK. I've come across a few websites that profess to train you in the art of moving matter with your mind. I'll check through them and see which looks easiest. Then we'll see.



**I forgot to note in my previous post that these online games use Random Event Generators to produce outputs (actually, the games on the Psychic Science website use pseudo-random computer algorithms, but unless you're planning to engage in some heavy-duty statistical analysis, this can be comsidered much the same thing as a true REG). For example, in the dice-throwing game , the REG (or pseudo-random algorithm) ensures that the output of each roll of the die is random. Same for the other games - take the butterfly game I spoke about in my previous post. The outcome (whether the butterfly lands on the tree or not) is completely random, due to the use of an REG. The aim of these games is to make these outputs non-random (e.g. throw 17 or more sixes out of 60 rolls of the dice).

No comments:

Post a Comment